Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012



College was on recess on Tuesday the 20th and all were mandated to vacate campus by 9pm with reasons that college wanted to save cash on security. Well, I had a class that day and after which I arranged to exit college with a friend. It was really good to be home by 10pm and everything to my amazement looks so different. I could understand why, for it was a long time since I went to school. I left to school when everything was still green around here, but when I came home, all the leaves were gone.
I got settled, everything in order, went to the mall with family, ran into Amanda and her friend Marwan and I was glad to see them. Don't forget I love to see folks I was once closer to.
Anyway, today was the reason why we came home in the first place. It's call thanksgiving day. It is as old as the republic or the empire itself, I mean America. When the colonist came to the nation in the early 16th Century and survived a year or so, they decided there were going to set a day aside to thank God for their successful lives in the new world, being America.
They were joined by the Indians in this regard who hunted them some deers and together they celebrated the day. But it was later made an official holiday across the nation with the use of turkey, the big bird and other stuff to thank God for the blessings. By the way, I think turkey is the right bird though it is expensive and not very many people can afford it if not in America.
Personally, we had a wonderful day with family and friends, a young lady from Ghana was here to celebrate with us. It was her first thanksgiving in town. To her, there was nothing like that you know.
I was truly glad to be home, celebrated with loves ones among others. Every day of course we suppose to give thanks and praises to the most high for our lives and blessings.
So that was it, the rest of my days before it's all back to the Mount, are fully schedule. I just want to be able to see everybody before going back. Live life fully everyday like tomorrow would never come. Love more today, hate less, be a blessing to other wherever you find yourself. the day time and hour of redemption, you will never know.
God bless you.
Yours humble pal,
Ronald

No comments:

Post a Comment