Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Know who you are and where you came from

This is a piece I think I should share with you all. So there is this older man I have been helping at work and one morning he asked me, " So Ron, where are you from again?''-I responded, Ghana. He said so have you ever been to another other country around you and which countries are around you by the way? I skipped the first part of his question and answered the second, and then another question and on and on and on. Then after I was over with what he needed I was about to exit and he called, "Ron, you are a very bright young man". I didn't know why he just said that because I told him what I knew with me from only God knows when and so I asked, and he said while I was talking he was also on his ipad making sure I knew what I was talking about.

I was shock, but told him he didn't have to do that because I am from the African Continent and hence I know who I am and where I came from and hence he didn't have to be testing me. He said  he wasn't necessarily testing me and I understood that etc.

Anyway, the point is not whether he tested me or not and it is certainly not whether I knew my stuff or not but the point I want to make is that, we should always strive to know who we are and where we are from no matter where we find ourselves.

I knew who I was for sure and where I came from and on daily basis I never forget to remind myself especially living in a foreign nation like America.

This I thought it was interesting and I never stopped thinking about it.

Have a great week, everyone.

Pal Ron

No comments:

Post a Comment