Tuesday, July 29, 2014

The Joy of a Job!

I always wanted to write a little about my job/internship this summer but have always been busy with little to no time to relax. Talking about relaxation there is no such thing when you are in the mood to succeed in what you are doing over a very limited period of time. I have never been serious like I am in my life than I am right now.


Anyhow, my internship rotated me to the endoscopy department this week, and I’ m loving the unit so much. The patients there are very funny to work with and hang around. One of the fun memories from yesterday was that, I was with a woman who came in for a procedure and as I engaged with her afterward it got to a point where she said, “Ronald, I don’t care if you are single or not, but I have a twenty-six year old daughter and she is the cutest thing ever in the world and I want you to meet her”. I couldn't help but laughed out loud for it was flattery and funny at the same time.

Anyway, another patient I had a chat with told me she is a musician and loves everything about music and music has always been her passion. Before all was said and done, she said to me, Ronald, I want to see you again. There people around pause to look at me. What is it? They probably thought to themselves.
Then a patient came in with her husband and as I introduced myself, she said her husband name is Donald and I am Ronald which means we have a bond. She ended up making a joke and again we all laughed. It does feel good to have the patient relax and share humor for most of the time they are always nervous because of the unknown and the likelihood that the results there might be getting in the end might be bad. So it is imperative that they get to relax.

Now you know why I wake up every morning knowing that the privilege to have a place to go and spend the day is but a blessing. Learning and meeting new people and growing all at the same time are true gifts. A young man said to me, call me up and we can talk finance for you are a super bright young man and well read. That wasn't disingenuous but a comment from self-assessment. Who knows?

So that is it with me with the joy of a job and I look forward updating you more.

No comments:

Post a Comment