Thursday, February 10, 2011

Walking down the street one day


       Walking Down the Street
          As I was walking down the street the other day, I overheard a conversation between this young man, also a friend in the neighborhood.
       What sparks that conversation, I have no clue, but all I heard was" Dad, I am tired of this life". Personally I don’t know his real age, but he should be in his early 30's and this doesn't give him the mandate to say he was thinking at his age. 
And the father asked " so why did you say that and what are you going to do about it". He replied “I don't know, I want you to help me". He went further to say  "even my three brothers and two sister, all five don't like me". Nobody likes me, and now I have nobody to show me love or affection. My friends, they all betrayed me like biblical Judas and Jesus", I was really touched with what I was hearing at this point.
But then, I heard the father said to him, "but I am your father and if nobody likes you, I will always show you love, so I love you my son". He said to the father, "you don't, if you had loved me enough, you wouldn't have always been picking on me anytime I failed to perform in school". And that, he didn't show much love to him and that is what his other siblings might have learned from him.
 I was shock of what I was hearing again. I for one, never expected to hear such from him, not to judge this friend, but what could possibly be the cause of his feelings that, everybody disliked  him, not even his 5 other siblings?
       He went to elementary school, high school and to college where he successfully graduated; I couldn't just imagine him going through all these without friends. Not all friends, will always betray you. At least somebody will always be able to understand you and possibly reason with you, no matter what the situation surrounding their friendship. 
 But, I am writing this because, I just received couple of text messages from a friend, hmm!! I haven’t  heard from him in a long time, and so I first text to hear from him. Upon answering my text, he asked, "I hope you aren't angry with me, and added “are you”? and he told  me ,all his friends has betrayed him and am all he is left with.
 Personally, I don't comprehend what exactly it's to betray people. Anyway, It could be hard to let people in our lives, because anything can always happen, less than we can stand, and when it does happen, we betray people to think we are going to feel better.
 Everybody has something people in their life and it may not be the same as others. Some people all they care about is self, and nothing else. Whether you feel something in your heart or not, they don’t really care.
       If nobody likes you according to your conscience or experience, you can love yourself and who you are. You don’t need to be carried away with negative-evil thoughts. But always remember your parents love you, so that makes 3 lovers of your life. They will always be there for you. Dad's reaction is always a challenge to wake up and face the music or smell the coffee, and if you do, you will make a beautiful turn and will never be the same.
       Love yourself, if all else fails you, be proud of yourself, positive self image is great. If am your friend, don't shake because others betray you, that I may also betray you. I will always be there for you as well, and that makes the number of your lovers 4, you, myself, your Dad and Mom.lol
 Have a great day everybody and remember, worries are useless, thus says St. Padre Pio. "Pray hope, and don't worry. 
Always be happy and don't be a slave to things that hurt your life every day, as life was never a friend to anybody not even me. 
Ronnie

No comments:

Post a Comment