Friday, August 3, 2012

Our invisible admirers!



As I was headed home after work yesterday, I ran into this old mate of mine. The real Ronald is always happy to bump into someone he had classes with. It does feel great and I don’t know about you. The truth is, once you sit in the same class with someone for a whole semester or two, you get to see something and some part of their real selves. So as we began to recall memories of folks in class who used to make fun of some key people in class, we paused and began to talk about ourselves. Here comes our conversation;

Ronald: So tell me, how has your summer been, it looks like it is fast zooming to fall?
OC: Yes it is and I can’t imagine how fast that is. And yeah! My summer has been pretty good. I went on the cruise with my family to Jamaica last month and it was a total blast.
Ronald: Really? That is super awesome and I’m very happy for you.
OC: Thank you Ronald.
Ronald: You’re welcome and was that your first time of going on the cruise?
OC: Not at all, according to my mom, I went on the cruise with them (my parents) when I was somewhere 4 years old and personally I can’t remember that.
Ronald: That’s ok, I probably couldn’t recall that either. But wait, you said when you were 4?
OC: Yes, haha!! Why?
Ronald: I was wondering how old you are now, but didn’t want to go into it because some young women like you don’t like to tell people their age.
OC: That is true to some people but not me, I don’t care. I’ll tell you if you ask.
Ronald: That is good to know. You must be somewhat different then.
OC: Come on Ronald, remember we all sat in the same classroom for an entire semester and I don’t see you as a stranger. Well, I’m 23.
Ronald: Wonderfully said, some people regardless how long you might know them will still try to act weird towards you with their personal info and I respect that. We all love to keep private certain things about us and sometimes age counts as one of those. You mean 23 years? You look amazing and one could easily mistake you for a teenager.hehe!
OC: “hahahahaha”,…… she laughed hysterically, something hit the good spot right?
Ronald: Anyway, where are you headed?
OC: I’m going home. I was here today to sort things out,ha!.
Ronald: Oh!, you used to always seems to be doing stuff in class.
OC: You are right, just like I used to see you with all those girls around you.
Ronald: No way!, it wasn’t me. I rebuked like the singer Shaggy in his song in title “It wasn’t me”, when she was probably speaking the truth.
OC: Come on Ronald, you got nothing to deny here, I saw you so many times besides, we shared a class together.
Ronald: that probably doesn’t say anything my dear friend. How is he doing? Haha!! I did this to escape her grip.
OC: Who?
Ronald: him of course,….haha!! I meant you bf.
OC: I thought you could only joke sometimes in class but here we go again. I got nobody to know how he is doing.
Ronald: oh yeah! If I had known all this while, I would have submitted my application long time ago. Is it too late?
OC: hahahahahaha!!!You are really funny Ronald. And let me tell you, I had such an incredible crush on you that semester. You never gave me an ounce of attention and I wish I could one day walk to you and say or do whatever I wanted to. But then I didn’t have that courage. I thought you had a girl friend or let me put it this way; girlfriends, haha!
Ronald: Are you kidding me?
OC: Not at all. I meant every word. Listen, my car is at maintenance shop and my mom is just pulling in for me. Take my number and we shall talk more later. I’m really happy to see you.
Ronald: likewise, you made my day. When I walked out of work, I was praying that I should see somebody I know so I could talk off some stress and God being God answered that prayer.
OC: hahahaha!! You are interesting. My mom is waiting. Here is my number; 845……..text or call and we shall take off from there. Bye Ronald!
Ronald: Bye OC.
So that was my hit and run conversation and now tell me, what do you think, especially the latter part of our conversation?  I think it is shocking how you walk out there with people admiring and falling for you without your notice. But the funny thing for me is that, this has been the 3rd time someone actually said something like that to me. But the truth of the matter is that, when I’m out there, I carry myself in a very positive and lovely way though I could be having a bad day. This probably makes people tend to be more incline to me with a mere or casual encounter that I hardly recollect.  It could be you, and you might not know, people observe us all the time and that is why it is not a smart idea to goof off when in public. Always be mindful in everything that goes around in your world. But with my friend OC, I’m yet to hit her.

Happy weekend to you all my great readers both here in town and abroad. I have been keeping track of your visits to the blog through my traffic monitor. Your love for this makes it possible for me to always have the desire to sit and write.
©All right reserved: Ronald

No comments:

Post a Comment