Thursday, May 23, 2013

Just for you and only you Pals:)


Yesterday was so beautiful and as a result we decided to make it the "lawn day". By lawn day I am referring to the 2-3 hours that is often devoted to mowing the lawn, and edging the hedges etc. We were three in the yard and I was edging the walls with the trimming electric machine. Papa Ben had the big lawn machine and Mama Barbara the mower.

That was real epic with real division of labor at work. The property in the neighborhood by all measure is the biggest and the most cared for. We make sure the yard is at its best get the attention of folks passing by and so as our neighbors. Those flowers bloom only once a year and when I get out of home, I stand in front a enjoy their natural beauty knowing that with few sunshine in few days they will be whether off.

Those flowers are in realities likened to who we are, for we were all born children; naked, simple, and innocent and as years pass by we shed off our nakedness, simplicity and innocence and even experience some form of death until one day we are dead and gone. This should therefore always remind us that we are time and space just like these flowers and as a result need to be humble beyond our arrogance and egocentricity.

Man o man, thank God I wasn't tested on this or I would have bombed flat. Thank you legendary Chinua Achebe for this masterpiece of there was a country. After Reading this book, I sincerely came to terms with you that you are a real intellectual/historian and this in some sense could be that you also published your autobiography and struggles during the Nigeria-Biafra war before passing away this year. Yes I would have failed because I had no clue there was civil war in Nigeria in the late 1960s after Nigeria's independence and I never knew there was a Biafra who sought secession from the federal government of Nigeria by mostly Igbos.
So had it been that I was ask anything about this war in an exams I would have failed due to ignorance. This book however gave me enlightenment to the war, the cause, and how the determined spirits of the Biafrans in their quest for freedom from Federal government of Nigeria was at work. But unfortunately they didn't succeeded after a long fight and loosing thousands of their people mostly children from hanger and the rest.

I have learn a lot from that book and couldn't be better from none but Mr. Achebe. May your soul rest in peace.

It was a rainy day across most of the States in the nation. It poured vigorously for few minutes and stops then again and stop and on and on. This evening news had it that some towns in low laying areas like Nyack was been flooded. Of course we received messages on phones and emergency radios about impending floods. Well, folks gotta be on alert.

I saw her less than four feet from me while I was indoors because of the rain and thought let me snap her. Interesting for you all pals.


I had this at Barnes&Nobles and think it is the best I have ever had. of course I was  so thirsty.

When hungry intellectually, this is where we go pal:)


Barnes&Nobles my best place in the mall. Now it is Friday and I have a lot and it will also be raining like crazy along side but guess what? TGIF and enjoy . I will get back with more for you all. Stay blessed and peace you pals!!


No comments:

Post a Comment