Friday, June 14, 2013

We are Time and Space


Anytime I visit a cemetery or grave yard I often find myself in an usual thought of humans and mortality. However, it does makes me go further to think and wonder why pride, hatred, anger,greed, excessive lust for material possessions, and all the  negativity that infiltrate the souls of men and render each other worthless but other forms of commodities. The above was a cemetery of Catholic Nuns- women who devoted their lives in the service of the Lord under the vow of chastity,poverty, and obedience and when I think of them also, I wonder what it meant for them to grow and live those kinds of lives in the materialistic/capitalistic America. What a true sacrifice? it is my hope that they will each find eternal rest in our Lord's bosom. All the Sisters buried at the Dominican Sister Cemetery in NB, pray for us as we also pray for your souls.

Reading names and dates of birth to death on those tomb stones  makes me more humble as a human being who would  myself one day also face mortality. That to me makes me think there should never be a day in my life no matter what to not smile or be happy or fail to forgive a brother or sister for a wrong done against me.
Whatever problem that might be robbing away my joy and happiness will one day come to pass just like myself. So no need for ill feelings. Living life to the fullest and being happy in the midst of all human catastrophes are what I seek in addition to maintaining my relationship with my Lord, Jesus Christ.
Lord, teach us humility,love, and respect for one another.


The gentleman above was tired of a hard-days work on the tombstones and couldn't find any better place to rest than on the tombstone of one of the nuns. True life often seems to be meaningless but if you and I don't have to courage to seek the meaning and or examine the life we are living then, that life is not worth living. That is what the great Greek Philosopher Plato had to say.

Talking of death is not my goal to depress anybody and this is a some form of education that can help us straighten our backs up knowing that we don't have all the time in the world to waste in this world for our whole presence here is but our temporal home. It will help us live lives that would be worthy of memories of us when we are gone.

May all the Angels and Saint help pray for us.

Pal Ron!!

No comments:

Post a Comment