Saturday, July 23, 2011

Mr. Hot Summer and Man!

Like all four seasons including summer, I for one love them all especially autumn. I used to read about these four seasons while I was in my country. We have only two seasons in Ghana so as other hot tropical African countries. If it wasn’t the dry season, then it was the raining season. There were so different and something unique about each season.
For instance, in the dry season, we had dry and dusty winds being blown from the north of Africa mostly from the desert, I meant the Sahara desert. 
And that also earned it its geographical names as I used to say, the North east trade winds and hence was why the winds were so dusty and dry. It got to a time we didn’t have much tree like before simply because most of them were being destroyed for framing, firewood, or for building homes.
Whereas, in the raining season, we had the moist monsoon winds from the south-west coast, and this comes with a greater magnitude of rains and hence the raining season as its name implies. This was when we had crops sown and other farming activities done.
From April – October there were supposed to be uninterrupted rains and the period was used to get all farming and harvesting done before the dry season kicks in. The dry season was also from late October or November through early April since the timing wasn’t very consistent. And even now that we have all these changes which in turn affects the pattern of rain and poor harvest among others. This has also convinced many across the divide about the realities of our so called global warming.
Time goes and time comes and things happens as well, and I one day found myself in another part of the world, where there also have different season, as I believe many other season also exist somewhere on our planet. 
Now here we are, and it’s the season and it comes on June 21st as its official date with the sun tilting from its axis on the hemisphere (North and South). And summer comes with its features of longer days and shorter nights and that is great for folks who …to put well are allergic to sleep. 
 Personally I think summer is a good season since one got to stay fit with a lot of outdoors activities going on. Jogging during summer is fun, you got see every body jogging on and off and it’s believed to be a season of losing weight and winter being the season of gaining weight, entirely opposite and if you looks at it well, it does makes so much sense. During winter, you can’t go anywhere, get stuck in the house by snow and all you do is eat, sleep, watch movies, and use little of no energy.
But summer is really hot as if dwelling in the oven. I laughed when a friend told me; “I cooked an egg in the sun”, and that sounded incredible but somewhat true to believe. Yesterday for instance, the weather news had it that, 17 States in the US, were affected by that incredible heat wave which hit the country. In my part, we recorded an all high temperature of 103o F.  People across the nation were panting if gasping for cold fresh air to breath, cooling centers were also opened. People drinking unstop to stay hydrated among others. AC's at homes stays untouched 24hrs/day. With the situation amazing and seen as an emergency. I was also thinking of people working under this hot weather, and I rendered them all my credits and respect. Remember, the sunlight is good for the skin in synthesizing vitamin D, but don’t be deceive to get entangled in heat such as this sun’s, or you get burned.
Interestingly, I heard many complaining; they rather stay cool and try to warm up, than stay in such hot weather doing everything possible to stay cool. It was natural with human beings. We seem to always complain all the time, and never satisfied with anything. The first quarter came spring, flowers bloomed everywhere, with so much natural beauty on the earth, but allergies from the pollen grains makes people much more uncomfortable and we complained, and there comes summer, very hot and we complain, very soon, we will be in the third quarter which is autumn, known as fall since all the trees shade their leafs “As they falls” and the forth being winter and the cycle continues.
I have seen all and I think I love fall, not because it was the season that greeted me first when I came to town, but its yellowish nature, cool and breezy gives me so much comfort and joy to admire nature.
Hey!! My point of advice this season is that, stay cool and hydrated, cool showers are fun, drinking more water and some soda helps a lot, and waits a minute; did I just say soda? It’s not very healthy, but you can try club soda though the taste isn’t all that friendly. Work out, it’s so much fun and will put you to a good sleep in the night. Enjoy BBQ s where necessary, it’s one beautiful activity of the summer. Though you will always find men barbecuing, just enjoy and don’t ask too many questions.
 Leave you AC's on and if the house is too humid, get a humidifier and suck the stagnated humidity out. And believe me; you will be ok this summer. Pool time!!! When it comes, please go and enjoy some swimming, it’s so much fun and a healthy exercise. My grandfather is super healthy than probably you and I , because he swims three time a week. I wish I could swim like him.
 Be happy and don’t complain too much for it doesn’t help when you over complain. Try to fix things and don’t blame God or nature for Mr. Hot Summer, but blame yourself for failure to stay cool and hydrated .lol.
 Much love peace and respect to you.
Be happyyyyyyyyy!!!! And again comments are welcome.
Ronnie


No comments:

Post a Comment