Sunday, July 1, 2012

Hello July 2012:)

In Latin: "Tempus fugit"~meaning time flies
 FIRST DAY OF THE MONTH

Time flies very fast before we know it. And that is why I always try to get a lot done and make advance plans for the future.

So today is the 1st day of July in the year of 2012. It was amazing when I woke up this morning, I thought of the wedding we had last week at New Windsor, NY. Yes the wedding, it was the best of its kind for my brother Craig Kotzker and his sweet heart Leslie Ross, now Leslie Kotzker.

Anyway it was a fantastic wedding and one of its kind as stated earlier considering the fact that, it was my first wedding in this part of the planet. I was very blessed to have been a part and a witness of the sacred vows they exchanged on that fateful June 24th, 2012. My love and prayers goes to them in this new milestone of theirs.

Back to July, I think it will be a great month; personally I will lose a lot considering my plans for school and other transitions ahead. But I look forward it with positive spirit. After all, I have no clue what my life is entailed and I hope in the end, the good Lord will direct my footsteps as He always does.

First July actually marks the 52nd anniversary of my country gaining the status of a Republic. And mostly, this day is always a national holiday but this one falls on Sunday. But that doesn't mean there wouldn't be a holiday, tomorrow Monday is actually earmarked for the commemoration of this day as part of the independence struggle from the British in the 50s and 60s. My great friend Ivan Gyetuo I got off from the phone in Ghana confirms it’s a national holiday. Ghana has gone a long way but unfortunately, we still have more to overcome.
July 4th, barely three days from today will also mark the 236th anniversary of my host country's independence from King George, and that is over two century ago. No wonder they are seen as a model of democracy across the entire planet. I love it here during the holidays as I love the fireworks amongst other fun-filled activities.

Hopefully, I run down the month with success and other good stuff. God will see me through.
Check out the next update for pictures that will be following soon.
Stay in touch!
Ronald

No comments:

Post a Comment