Monday, March 10, 2014

Mercy!



Mercy

I've journeyed far 
I've slept out in the desert with the stars 

I have felt the mystery 

I've broken down 

Seen my dreams fall like ashes to the ground 
I've been my own worst enemy 

But Your mercy 

Is the sweetest gift to me 

Your sweet mercy 

Is the air I wanna breathe 
I feel it washing over me 
I've traveled long 
And I've prayed for my vision to carry on 
When my eyes just couldn't see 
I've been betrayed 
And I've fallen like a child along the way 
I've been lost in revelry 

I've felt ashamed 

I've cursed the very sweetness of Your name 

Yet Your grace still covers me 

You breathe on me 
I feel Your spirit flow like water to the sea 
Through the deepest part of me 


For Your mercy 

Is the sweetest gift to me 

Your sweet mercy 

Has been so good to me 

Your mercy 

Is the sweetest gift to me 

I feel it washing over me

No comments:

Post a Comment