Monday, March 10, 2014

My Wish For You

I have found myself growing less fond of Ron D in the past few years. I like the words to the songs but who they have become bugs me. Well, that is really neither here nor there.

On Sunday evening, Ju came along with Em and I for a quick run to the grocery store. Ju has not been doing well lately. He is having disc problems in his back and is in a lot of pain physically. As we were driving to the store, an idiot driver pulled around us onto the dirt-non-lane and proceeded to drive like a bat out of hell! (I'd like to give my mom props for teaching me that phrase). Anyway, Ju became quite agitated and in my attempt to lighten the mood, I starting singing along with the song on the radio...

My wish for you is that this life becomes all that you want it to
Your dreams stay big
Your worries stay small
You never have to carry more than you can hold

And while you're out there gettin' what your gettin' to
I hope you know somebody loves you
And wants the same things too
Yeah, this is my wish

As I sang the words through tear filled eyes and voice we both experienced something surreal. I thought I was going to be funny but instead we both realized that those words touched many places in both of hearts that needed comfort in that moment. Life does not look like we want it to right now. We can't see where God is leading and how long he will have us waiting where we are. And still...I pray that we continue to dream big, knowing that he is carrying us as we journey along in this together.

No comments:

Post a Comment